Addictive Fishing - Flats Blue Blues

Hello fellow anglers! I recently purchased three of the new Blair Wiggins Signature series flats blue rods. I purchased the 7.2', 7.9' and the 8.0' rods. I was shocked initially when I opened the shipping cartons and pulled out these thin little rods and immediately was concerned that I made a big mistake.

I fish from the Jetty's on SPI and catch large King fish, Hour Jacks and bull reds. My concerns were realized the second time I took the 8.0 ' rod out to the jetty. I cast a 1 oz. rattle trap (correctly with bail open for you skeptics) and to my surprise and disappointment the rod simply snapped behind the second eye.

I logged on to Addictive Fishing web site to express my frustration (nicely, no profanity) and once I posted the pictures of the broken rod on the web site I was blocked within 1 hour of doing so! How sad that they shut me down that fast! I guess they only like and allow the gushy I love you and your product *** that the little kids and want to be fishing captains post. But how dare I state the truth about these over rated twigs they sell!

My opinion is that the flats blue rods suck and have a definite issue with strength and durability at the tip! and the Addictive fishing website is determined to only post the sickly sweet reviews from the ones they pre-screen for content. Shame on them and the product manufacturer for not accepting both good and bad reviews so that they may improve on the products they sell.

Very pissed customer,

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Helpful? 2 Yes 2 3 No 3
Had the same issue 2 Yes 2
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

May 30, 2015 #989703

I was looking to purchase one of these rods just to see what all the hype was about. I wonder how many others have had the same issue.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.